How to access Federal Science Library materials
The Federal Science Library (FSL) collection contains online and print materials. When searching the collection, you will have the choice to view an item online or to request it. Wherever possible, departmental publications, reports, data sets and other content are freely available for anyone to view or download.
For online documents, click one of the hyperlinks found on the search results page which will direct you to either the full text or to the publisher/supplier website where additional instructions are provided to access the document. These hyperlinks are:
- "available online" or
- "full text online"
- DOI (if available, the DOI will be found by clicking on the “Preview” link on the search results page)
Request for copies or interlibrary loans of items found in the FSL collection
To request print items from the FSL collection, please choose one of the following options:
1) For print items found in the FSL catalogue only,
- consult the “Related services and information” section to contact an FSL member library and arrange an onsite visit.
2) For all items found in the FSL collection, including print items found in the FSL catalogue,
- contact your local, municipal or academic library to arrange an interlibrary loan.
If you are a library
To request a document use your interlibrary loan system or consult the “Related services and information” section to contact an FSL member library.